The Trenches-- The Never Ending Nap-Time Continues...

Saturday, August 4, 2012

I tried something new today for nap-time..... As silly as this sounds remember I'm desperate!! I'll try anything at this point!
So the new plan hit me when I was sitting in the floor next to Liam's crib Friday afternoon as he cried for the second half of his two hr nap time. I sat down on the floor next to his crib and rested my face on the rails. He finally quieted and lay there watching me, occasionally slipping his tiny hand through the railing slots to touch my face or beg me to hold his hand but NOT getting up not once. Eureka!!! Why didn't I try this before !!! So as I sat there for what felt like forever and a half, Liam slowly drifted in and out of sleep. The longer I sat the longer he slept but the boneyer my butt got. So today as I went to lay Liam down when the screaming began he looked up to find me siting in our living room rocking chair now stationed in the middle of his bedroom floor. (And yes i drug it in there by myself!) Insert my dad here saying "shock an awe baby shock and awe!" By the look on Liam's face and the silence that struck him, I knew.... Insert mommy win here!!! So I sternly instructed him to lay down and he did. There he lay watching me rock in the rocking chair watching him and catching up on some writing until low and behold sleep snuck up on him! It took AWHILE, with several moans and whimpers and one or two "lay back down !"s but he finally rested. Tomorrow we will work on mommy sneaking out of the room without waking him (which was the unfortunate result today) but I'm sure after a few days this will be our new system. So write this one down as a mommy win!! FINALLY!!! There's a light at the end of this long, loud, stressful tunnel! Until tomorrow at least .....
Amy

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!