The Nursery to Toddler Room Transformation Part 1

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Slowly but surely, we have been turning Liam's nursery into a toddler's room. It started when we moved into our new house, I knew soon we would need more storage space for toys and less space for things like a changing table and containers of Desitin. So I procrastinated and saved his room for last to be worked on. Now that I'm finally getting around to working on it little by little I think I'll share bits and pieces here and there. 
So piece no. 1 
The owl art has been removed from over his bed (though I painted it and loved the tree branch, I hated my owl) so here's what replaced it....



(Side note: we have kept his owl theme minus the old piece above his bed.)

These frames were so easy and cheap to make! I purchased $5 photo frames at Walmart....

And after removing all the mat, glass and backing, I painted them blue with few streaks of dark brown mixed in to my paint-careful not to mix the colors more than necessary. (Also, dipping a cloth in dark brown paint/stainer and strategically rubbing it along with the wood grain were needed does the trick as well!) 

After I got the effect I wanted with my paints, I attached the wires along the back of the frame. 

Then using mini clothes pins, I hung my pictures and was done!! 





Up next for his room update: 
A toy bin padded bench
Changing table into a night stand 
Pallet made bookshelves 
New bedding

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!